June 9-11, 2021
Emory Conference Center Hotel
- New date: June 9th-11th, 2021
- Venue: Unchanged (Emory Conference Center Hotel in Atlanta, GA)
- 2021 Program: We hope to carry the themes and ideas that we organized for 2020 into 2021. To give you a general overview, we are working to deliver a diverse selection of scientific topics as well as many informational and administrative topics. The registration for academic attendees will still be free.
Virtual meeting on May 6 at 11 am-12 pm (EST): As we will miss meeting in 2020, we would like to invite you to join us
for a virtual meeting. We hope you will join us!
We will discuss how your cores are handling the COVID-19 pandemic. We will share an informal discussion about ways to effectively use our time during shut-downs and how we plan to prepare for re-opening.Agenda:
- 11:00 to 11:05 AM: Introduction of SEASR Members and Sponsor: Thayumana Somasundaram (Host)
- 11:05 to 11:25: How are Core Facilities/personnel coping with current situation: Susan Constable (moderator)
- 11:25 to 11:45: How are Core Facilities planning to ramp back-up: Tiffany Seagrove (moderator)
- 11:45 to 12:00N: Recent Developments at NanoString: Erik Marchese (Presenter) Lyra Griffiths (moderator)
We wish you the best during this difficult time. Please stay tuned to ensure you receive updates as we look forward to SEASR 2021.
The purpose of the Southeastern Association of Shared Resources (SEASR, pronounced “Caesar”) is to provide a regional forum for core directors, managers, scientists, and technical staff to meet, discuss and collaborate on the many common issues that face us. The topic areas include, but are not limited to, facility management, efficient laboratory practices, biotechnology advances and applications, federal and financial oversight, emerging issues facing cores, etc.