June 9-11, 2021
Emory Conference Center Hotel
The SEASR annual meeting will be postponed to summer 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This difficult decision is not made lightly, but your safety is our primary concern.
- New date: June 9th-11th, 2021
- Venue: Unchanged (Emory Conference Center Hotel in Atlanta, GA)
- 2021 Program: We hope to carry the themes and ideas that we organized for 2020 into 2021. To give you a general overview, we are working to deliver a diverse selection of scientific topics as well as many informational and administrative topics. The registration for academic attendees will still be free.
We wish you the best during this difficult time. Please stay tuned to ensure you receive updates as we look forward to SEASR 2021.
You are invited to a SEASR Virtual meeting!
When: Jun 10, 2020 11:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Second SEASR Virtual Meeting to exchange ideas about current and emerging issues.
- 11:00 to 11:05 AM Introduction (Thayumanasamy Somasundaram)
- 11:05 to 11:25 AM Emory’s COVID-19 Efforts: Mike Zwick (Moderator: Finesha Colton-Lee)
- 11:25 to 11:45 AM Serving Customers during COVID-19 ramp-up (Moderator: Pritha Bagchi)
11:45 to 12:00 PM Agilent Sponsor: “Implement Social Distancing with iLab Operations Software (Moderator: Lyra Griffiths)
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
If you are interested in other topics, the national organization and other chapters are also providing resources:
The purpose of the Southeastern Association of Shared Resources (SEASR, pronounced “Caesar”) is to provide a regional forum for core directors, managers, scientists, and technical staff to meet, discuss and collaborate on the many common issues that face us. The topic areas include, but are not limited to, facility management, efficient laboratory practices, biotechnology advances and applications, federal and financial oversight, emerging issues facing cores, etc.
The SEASR Executive Board (EB) is diverse, with representation by women (75%), people of color/minorities (25%) and different nationalities. Each EB member holds director/managerial positions at their home institution. SEASR strives to be a professional organization that is inclusive and culturally competent. As such, SEASR plans to continue recruiting diverse EB members. During the 2019 SEASR annual conference, dietary needs of all participants were respected, and menus for Jewish, Muslim, and vegetarian participants were specifically provided. At future meetings, SEASR will continue to ensure that gender-neutral toilets are available and that clean, private spaces set aside for nursing mothers. Registration forms for the upcoming SEASR annual meeting will collect data about participant needs so that SEASR organizers are able to offer appropriate accommodations.